Monday, May 17, 2010

KARL LAGERFELD DIRECTS

When Karl Lagerfeld was in Saint Tropez debuting the Chanel Cruise collection, he was also there to debut his 17 minute film called "Remember Now". This marks the designers directorial debut. But don't get it twisted. This isn't in the same vein as Tom Ford's "A Single Man". It's very closely related to fashion and features some of fashions most important models such as Heidi Mount, Freja Beha Erichsen, Abbey Lee Kershaw, Karolina Kurkova, Baptiste Giabiconi and Leigh Lezark. The film mainly stars Elisa Sednaoui and Pascal Greggory. Lagerfeld recently spoke to WWD; "When I do a film, I see the movie before I've made it. I don't make scripts because it's written in my head. I like short one-liners."

This isn't Lagerfeld's first time behind a camera. He frequently shoots his own campaigns, recently photographing Vanessa Paradis for Chanel's Coco Cocoon bags.






Source.
Writer: Kate Murphy

No comments: