Monday, September 21, 2009

Emmy Fashion - The Bad

I'm convinced Hayden Panetierre is incapable of looking 19 years old. She wore a J. Mendel gown and a gold Judith Leiber clutch. She looks like a cast member for The Real Housewives of New Jersey. She constantly dresses too old for her age and last night was no different. I also never understand why a celeb would want to wear a dress the same colour at the carpet. I love Sarah Silverman so much...and don't get me wrong she looks lovely. But I think that's the problem. It just seems odd to see her in anything but a pair of Chuck's, jeans, and a mustard stained t-shirt. I haven't found out who she's wearing yet, but she totally redeemed herself when she wore a mustache when they announced her category.
Blake Lively showed up in a Versace gown, Christian Louboutin pumps, and Lorraine Schwartz diamonds. That's all good, I have no issue with her outfit. It was her hair that landed her on this list. I wasn't feeling the long braid, it reminds me of a horse tail. And what was up with her hair while she presented? The colour looked grey and it looked like she had pulled a pair of panty hose over her hair. Last time I checked celebs don't need hair nets to attend award shows. She's not working at McDonald's.
Along with her Gossip Girl co-star, Leighton Meester didn't land on this list because of her dress. She wore a Bottega Veneta white gown with knotted shoulders, Cathy Waterman jewellery and a Bottega Veneta clutch. I took issue with her makeup. I just felt her lips and eyes were too dark. She should have went with one or the other. Also, it looked like someone misted her in the face before she presented. Her makeup made her look oily.
Photos provided by Faded Youth Blog.
Writer: Kate Murphy

No comments: