Thursday, April 8, 2010

6126 Lookbook

Trainwreck Lindsay Lohan has expanded her leggings line 6126 (in (dis)honour of Marilyn Monroe's birthday) to a full on collection which includes 280 pieces. The line ranges from $60 to $1000 and includes lots and lots of black, cardigans, dresses, and more freakin' leggings. None of it is particularly interesting or different, and most of it is availble at your local H&M for a fraction of the cost. I will say that the black leather alligator skirt her sister Ali is modeling in the next picture is pretty awesome.

However, the beginning of the lookbook states that the collection was inspired by “iconic Marilyn Monroe and the timeless, confident glamour she represents.” Now I know Lindsay Lohan claims to be an "actress" (and a "designer") and considers Marilyn one of her thespian idols, but this collection makes me think that she's never actually seen a picture of one of the world's most larger than life sex symbols. Call me crazy but when I think of Marilyn Monroe I don't think of black or leather or dominatrix, but what do I know...I wasn't in Herbie Fully Loaded (Zing!).

Photos provided by InStyle.

Writer: Kate Murphy

No comments: